Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Power Tools for Parents

When I walk into Lowe’s I am automatically drawn to the power tool area, even if I am only there for wasp spray. There is something about power tools that turns men into kids in a candy shop. Can I have this drill? Oh this router Can I have it? If I can get this drill AND this router, I can build you those bookcases you have always wanted! Please!  My wife knows I can’t put together  Legos, but being around the power tools makes me feel as if I can handle any home improvement job if I only have the right tool. But I digress.

 Darbonne Audiobooks wants to provide Power Tools for Parents in the form of audiobooks. GA Henty wrote adventure stories for boys for the purpose of teaching godly virtue to young boys. We are working to produce audiobooks complete with discussion guides to help parents reinforce those virtues included in Henty’s stories. Stories are like a drill to the heart; they cut through all the stuff in the way to get to the heart of the matter. It’s easy for boys to lose their way in our culture, and we want to provide parents with another way to connect with their children and teach them, without being preachy.

We are excited that our first audiobook will be ready to ship soon!  We look forward to partnering with you as you teach virtues and morals to your children. Who knows, maybe we’ll see you in the Power Tools section at Lowe’s!

On His Adventure,

Trey

No comments: